Monday, August 11, 2014

What I've Heard This Week While Running

Continuing the trend (and because I received a few positive comments on the 1st one) here is the 2nd installment of "What I've Heard This Week While Running."

Unfortunately, this week was slightly poor. I ran most of my runs either in the morning or at times when there simply weren't that many people out and about. Regardless, the shoutouts (not the good ones like on Twitter or InstaGram - which by the way, you should follow those) were still around. Here is a quick break down of what I heard this week while running.
  • "Hey, sexxay!" I couldn't see the person who shouted this one, but the chorus of giggles after I waved makes me think that the comment was in fact direct towards me
  • "Can you smell that?" This phrase was uttered by a man with a chainsaw as he was cutting down a small sapling in his yard. Yes, I can smell the gas from your chainsaw. Thank you for reminding me as I try to conquer this hill that I am on.
  • "Run, Forest, run!" No comment, but it was quickly followed by...
  • "Do work, son!" from the same guy in a boat, floating down the river that follows a walking path.
Sorry there wasn't more this time around. I'm sure there will be more in the near future though! Positive praise will keep me coming back with more. 

On a side note, a few other interesting things happened this week while I was running.
  • I stopped traffic to prevent a dog getting hit that was chasing me. 
  • I spoke to an MMA guy in a black fleece while running in 85+ degree weather with a mouthpiece in.
  • I was able to run with THE Mike Falcone for 4 miles the day after a phenomenal Nationals Baseball game.
  • I was asked about my RunningDad.com t-shirt and also briefly discussed The Lucas Fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment